That Was a Bad Idea: Blog-a-thon Day 18
Below is a screen cap. You may recognize it. You may not. It’s rather inconsequential what your relationship to this video is… I’m going to summarize it for you. In this lovely piece of cinema, a boy tapes fireworks to his mouth. He then proceeds to light them… on fire… and they explode. He concludes the video, in pain, saying “Oh! That was a bad idea!”
To this I say the following: “NO DUH!” It never ceases to amaze me that people do such idiotic things as light different explosives from different orifices. It is stupid. It is idiotic. But I have decided, for the benefit of this kid, and any others that feel like they need some guidance, to write a brief list of things that are also “bad ideas”.
- Answering any ad on Craigslist that is like this:
- Performing your own dental or orthodontic work.
- Quoting any Austin Powers movie during a job interview or while meeting your boyfriend’s/girlfriend’s parents.
- Adopting any of the creepy habits seen on Extreme Cheapskates, Hoarders, or My Strange Addiction.
- Dressing as Thor… ever.
- Attempting to reenact the Dirty Dancing lift with a friend or loved one.
- Attempting to reenact the Dirty Dancing lift with a stranger.
- Thinking that you don’t need to stop at this rest stop because there is probably another in just a few miles.
- Opting for the cheaper Otterbox and assuming you would never be stupid enough to drop your phone on the concrete or into the toilet.
- Assuming that you can balance that full cup of coffee in your hand while you drive and that you shouldn’t waste time to put it in a travel mug.
- Forgetting to turn off the public share function of Spotify and then listening to all of Ashlee Simpson’s discography.
- Thinking that you would “beat the trend” and make another Myspace profile… still waiting on everyone to join you, huh?
- Deciding to watch “The Matrix Reloaded”, “Legally Blonde 2”, “The Godfather III”, or almost all of the Star Trek films made.
- Watching the Bachelor or Bachelorette… ever… any season… ever!
- Thinking that any Justin Bieber film will be worth watching.
I hope that you’ve read this list and have learned about an erroneous activity in your life. I hope that it wasn’t 15. If it was 15 I am truly sorry. Also 13. In general, a lot of these are bad.
Let me know if you have any other “bad ideas” that should be added to this list… or let me know if you’ve taped fireworks to your mouth. Actually if you’ve done that one I want to see a video or it didn’t happen. Remember to comment, share, and subscribe for more musings.